- I am... happy; a lover, not a fighter; clumsy (never without a bruise or two).
- I think... life is full of surprises
- I know... my testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel is my greatest treasure.
- I want... my children and my husband to know how much I adore them, and to feel worthy of adoration.
- I have... way more than I need, including (but not limited to) a big butt, and really small boobs
- I wish... the world didn't have so much ugliness and cruelty in it, and that my kids could be innocent and carefree for so much longer than they are.
- I hate... anger.
- I miss... my piano, my tempurpedic mattress... pretty much the entire contents of my house.
- I fear... not teaching my children everything they need to know to have happy and fulfilling lives.
- I feel... way too young to have a high school student for a son; grateful to have such a wonderful life.
- I hear... wii golf, Jack Johnson, barking dogs
- I smell... do I?
- I search... for the right answers to my children's questions, my phone, lost socks
- I wonder... when He comes again...
- I regret... not taking full advantage of my BYU experience
- I love... my babies, my husband, Mia's birthmother, adoption, the temple, shopping for a girl, king crab legs with melted butter, see's candy... this could take all day!
- I care... about what kind of life Mia's birthmother will have
- I always... make a big breakfast, trip on corners
- I am not... a crafter
- I believe... there are no coincidences- everything happens for a reason
- I dance... WAY less than my husband would like
- I sing... WAY less than I should
- I don't always... send birthday cards on time, keep myself organized, eat what I should
- I write... silly poems, love notes, grocery lists, weekly menus
- I win... when Jason and I play "dance dance revolution"
- I lose... my mind, a little more each day
- I never... pick a fight. I despise confrontation.
- I listen... for quiet promptings
- I can usually be found... in the kitchen- cooking, then cleaning, then cooking, then cleaning...
- I'm scared of... heights
- I read... only an occasional work of fiction, since it takes over my every thought until I can finish the book. Why can't it be so with the scriptures?
- I am happy about... everything!
Friday, September 26, 2008
My dear Wendy is turning the big 36 tomorrow, and in honor of this momentous occasion (ya know, closer to 40 than 30), I committed to complete the "tag" she asked for oh... about 6 weeks ago. So my friend, here goes!!! Happy Birthday!!!
Friday, September 12, 2008
To say that Jarom is a Jack Johnson fan would be a gross understatement. I guess if you have to idolize a star, you could do worse, so I'm not complaining. When we found out he was playing in Chula Vista, we figured Jarom would appreciate a "Daddy Date" to see the concert. Boy, were we right. The icing on the cake came after the concert when Jarom found out that he shares a birthday with Mr. Johnson. Coupled with the fact that Jarom's grandmother's maiden name is Johnson, you have to admit, it's a little spooky! (Are we stretching?)
Counting down the minutes!
Yep, that's him!
Trying not to inhale.
It also bears mentioning that this amazing teenage specimen starred in the ward roadshow and won "Best Actor" for his performance as Toto!
Jarom: "the studly sophomore"
Jacob: "the smiling sixth-grader"
and, Jase: "the fabulous first-grader"
This is Jase enjoying running club (code for "sap every ounce of energy from the children before school so they behave in class")
This is Jase enjoying a luv from his teacher, Mrs. Bolton. Can you say "crush"?
Boy do I miss my little monkeys, but I must admit, I don't exactly hate having time to myself.
A day in the life of...
This awesome critter was found on Jacob's first camp out with his new scout troop!
Are you sure this is a good idea?
Oh yeah! This is a great idea!
Winner of the Carlsbad Stake pie eating contest!
How could anyone not LOVE this kid?