Tuesday, September 28, 2010

My, how time flies!




So... I've been toying with the idea of actually doing a new blog post for a while now (okay, over a year if you're going to be picky about it). I'm guessing no one even bothers to look anymore, but it's about posterity- right? Quick recap: over the last year, we have survived the expiration of our Disneyland passes, an entire school year homeschooling a 7th grader, finding out officially that I can no longer enjoy my life (I'm allergic to gluten, duh!), and the transformation of an angelic 2-year-old into a somewhat less angelic but no less adorable 3- year- old, and most traumatic of all, the beginning of my first born's senior year in high school. Not to mention the baptism of my precious 8 year old. Wow, now I feel even worse than I already did. Here is a smattering of photos to bring us all up to date. Hopefully it won't be another year before the next post. No guarantees.






In order from most recent:
Not to spill any confidential info, but Jason turned 41 (yikes!)
The cake was his brainchild carried out by me. Note to self: never again attempt rolled fondant on an ice cream cake.

Number 17 for an amazing boy! Seriously, he just knocks my socks of every day with his goodness.

Aforementioned 3rd bday. This family party was preceded by a princess dress-up party.

Yes, those are Stacy's Naked pita chips in her hand. That's how we roll.

One of the best mom moments so far...

Thirteen hasn't been so bad...

It IS great to be 8!

Dad's 80th birthday surprise! Boy, was I tired at the end of this day, but it was totally worth it!

Saying our last goodbyes to Mickey after a lovely, full year of Disneyland joy. I tear up just thinking about it.

First time at the monster truck rally. You can bet Jarom will be back!

Lucky girl surrounded by incredible people!



2 comments:

granny said...

So fun to see you! You come up on my reader whenever you post. Your family is getting so grown up. I haven't posted for six months either...

Freddy and Mandy said...

We been missing "Jemmer" and the McDonald Family! Don't worry, we still love you and think you're cool enough to hang out with...